Resort with nice housereef/integrated diving base on Sinai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WS007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and me just now booked an UW-photographer Safari from/to Sharm el Sheik for May 2022. We would like to spend the week before in a resort that has a nice housereef and a diving base. We do not like the one-day dive trips by car or boat involving diving in groups, since we both are UW-photographers. Instead we enjoy independent diving/UW-photography on a housereef, all within short walking distance from the hotel, where we can prepare our rigs ...

As a reference I name here the Rohanou Beach Resort or the Mangrove Bay Resort, which are well known for excellent housereef diving, but are located much more to the south and suitable only, when a Safari starts/ends at Hurghada or Marsa Alam (and the flights go there)...

Last time I have been at the Sinai for diving was around 2000 and I really have lost the overview an the resorts and places there...

Is there a Resort on the Sinai penninsula, where one can do relaxed housereef diving at a housereef that is it worth?

I am grateful for suggestions, Wolfgang

The house reef at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses / Reef Oasis Beach Resort in Sharm would probably fit the bill. However, the two times I've been there unguided diving didn't seem to be a possibility. We never intended to, so we didn't really ask. But we never saw any independent diving going on. You might want to drop them an email and ask. The dive centre there is called Reef Oasis Dive Club.

Some regard the spot as the best house reef in the Sharm area, perhaps only matched by Middle Garden which is also accessible from the local hotel's jetty (Hyatt).
I hope this is useful.

Unguided diving is possible in the Marsa area (or at least it was back in 2019) but in Sharm I've never been able to persuade any dive center to rent me just the tank and the belts without booking the dive with them. Of course, I haven't tried them all, so maybe there are exceptions, but the odds seem slim.

The house reef at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses / Reef Oasis Beach Resort in Sharm would probably fit the bill. However, the two times I've been there unguided diving didn't seem to be a possibility. We never intended to, so we didn't really ask. But we never saw any independent diving going on. You might want to drop them an email and ask. The dive centre there is called Reef Oasis Dive Club.

Some regard the spot as the best house reef in the Sharm area, perhaps only matched by Middle Garden which is also accessible from the local hotel's jetty (Hyatt).
I hope this is useful.
I will 2nd Reef Oasis Dive Club but the Blue Bay Resort instead. We were just there. Their house reef is quite nice. I know they let you do unguided dives as an option for a different rate. They have lockers an the beach so you can lock stuff up while you're diving if you don't want to keep stuff in the room and have to run back (it's a big resort).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom