Reservations in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Lake

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Cozumel for the first time the last week of February. I have been holding off on scheduling any dives since my wife has an inner ear problem. It now looks as if she will not be able to dive at all but I would still like to do a couple of dives. What are the odds of being able to get a spot on a boat without a reservation? Also can any recomend a dive operation that might be fun for my wife if she just goes along for the ride?
Thanks
Dan

Deep Lake:
My wife and I are going to Cozumel for the first time the last week of February. I have been holding off on scheduling any dives since my wife has an inner ear problem. It now looks as if she will not be able to dive at all but I would still like to do a couple of dives. What are the odds of being able to get a spot on a boat without a reservation? Also can any recomend a dive operation that might be fun for my wife if she just goes along for the ride?
Thanks
Dan

You will be able to find a boat last miniute to take you diving without a problem. That being said, if you are particular about dive sites, computer diving, bottom times, experience of others on the boat, etc., you should make a reservation with an operator that caters to your specific needs.

I agree with Ronrosa. That's in high season and there will be plenty of divers on the island. I would do a search on the board for DO's to get a feel for what others have said about particular DO's. I would think she would be more comfortable on a large boat. Dive Paradise, Dive House and others use large boats.

parrotheaddiver:
Don't forget Carnaval will be in full swing the last week of Feb. and it will be a free for all. I would assume the island will be packed at that time.

Yes, but what percentage of the Carnaval crowd will be diving? In the mornings, anyway... ? ;^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom