Reservation needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I like freedom,

so I like to book a *minimum* for a default position, and fill in from there.

Also, I notice paying day by day helps you renegotiate everything you want, nicely.

I don't like losing the leverage and the freedom of pre-booking too much stuff.

Waking up in the morning or deciding when you go to bed feels so nice.....
I'm with you on that.

But more in the "what if weather sucks?" mode -- or "what if I get sick?"... I like to book a couple dives just in case there's a huge convention or something that books up all the boats, but otherwise, play it by ear.

You may find that you hate the boat ops people recommended... everyone has preferences, so that's going to happen every so often. :)

thanks for your advice again! I corrected my profile.. newbie u know! ;-)

So yes I'm certified Padi Open Water. I've done the certification @ 60 feet. but I must admit I done a dive in San-Andres just after my certification @ 100 feet with 4 dive master. It was great, but that's not my goal to go deeper and deeper... so I will stay @ 60 feet for all my next dive.

KrisB> you are right, in Quebec we have a province certification to do. water is cold here.. ;-)

-Cris

drfsol:
thanks for your advice again! I corrected my profile.. newbie u know! ;-)

So yes I'm certified Padi Open Water. I've done the certification @ 60 feet. but I must admit I done a dive in San-Andres just after my certification @ 100 feet with 4 dive master. It was great, but that's not my goal to go deeper and deeper... so I will stay @ 60 feet for all my next dive.

KrisB> you are right, in Quebec we have a province certification to do. water is cold here.. ;-)

-Cris
The water is cold in BC and Alberta, too... some of it glacier-fed -- yet Quebec is the only province I'm aware of that regulates that stuff.

The EU does some regulation, but as I understand it, they accredit the training agencies to do the training/testing.

Your dive in San-Andres was perfectly legit -- you had a dive professional leading the dive and s/he knew of your experience level. I've guided dives for OW certified people beyond 60'... but I knew (somewhat) what I was getting myself into.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom