Rescued Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I found a fin inside the KingHorn wreck (Rockport) on Sunday afternoon. The fin had a "broken" buckle -- which I fixed while swimming around watching deco students -- but otherwise is in good shape.

If you lost this fin -- or know who did -- PM me with some information about color and brand and we'll get it back to its rightful owner... frankly, I am curious to know how it got where it was!

Steve

You may be hanging onto it for a while. I took a charter out of Rockport on Sunday and there were several boats tied off to the Kinghorn at various times and there was a lot of French language conversation on the docks, so the fin's owner may not have been very local.

FreeFloat:
You may be hanging onto it for a while. I took a charter out of Rockport on Sunday and there were several boats tied off to the Kinghorn at various times and there was a lot of French language conversation on the docks, so the fin's owner may not have been very local.

Thanks... how are you!?

Doppler:
Thanks... how are you!?
Not bad........ not sure how I would have missed you on Sunday! It was quite a busy dock scene there at 9ish in the morning.

Saturday I met up with Under Michael for a skills dive off Prescott. We had been considering doing a second dive on the Rothesay but needed to go get some tanks bled off and refilled with Nitrox before it got too late in the evening, and once that was done we weren't in a particular mood to dive knowing we had an early start the next morning.

Sunday we took a charter out to the Keystorm and the America - fabulous wrecks! My first time on/thru the America. 62 minutes on the Keystorm and 46 on the America. Under Michael is still trying to talk me into coming back next weekend for another charter to the same wrecks and I daresay I'm tempted as there's lots there to see. If it weren't for the 4 hour drive.....sheesh.

FreeFloat:
Not bad........ not sure how I would have missed you on Sunday! It was quite a busy dock scene there at 9ish in the morning.

Saturday I met up with Under Michael for a skills dive off Prescott. We had been considering doing a second dive on the Rothesay but needed to go get some tanks bled off and refilled with Nitrox before it got too late in the evening, and once that was done we weren't in a particular mood to dive knowing we had an early start the next morning.

Sunday we took a charter out to the Keystorm and the America - fabulous wrecks! My first time on/thru the America. 62 minutes on the Keystorm and 46 on the America. Under Michael is still trying to talk me into coming back next weekend for another charter to the same wrecks and I daresay I'm tempted as there's lots there to see. If it weren't for the 4 hour drive.....sheesh.

I will be in Kinston at RMC this firday and saturday and then doing a skills workshop at Ducks in Picton on Sunday. Will be back in the Islands for Thanksgiving on through November Then its Ohio and Florida! Hope the caves are clear by then

I've been hearing the opinion more and more these days that Scubaboard is not what it once was (valuable). With all due respect to Doppler (a nicer guy there never was), I'd suggest a question like "How are you?" is the start of a wonderful PM conversation, but isn't something the entire board needs to wade through.
Just my cent and a half.

Marvintpa:
I've been hearing the opinion more and more these days that Scubaboard is not what it once was (valuable). With all due respect to Doppler (a nicer guy there never was), I'd suggest a question like "How are you?" is the start of a wonderful PM conversation, but isn't something the entire board needs to wade through.
Just my cent and a half.
I agree....... but would caution that without the odd foray into general conversation, this board would be 'dead' and far less interesting. I'm gone all weekend and upon my return I find, what, only 2 new threads, and about 5 new posts? Hard to believe this is the same subforum that took teh Rockport thread to 11 pages for example.........

artw:
speaking of the devil there wasn't that many people at the Boathouse restaurant yesterday huh? :D
however the coffee and cookies at the Rockport Boat Lines was excellent!!
The Rockprtr Boat Lines have the friendliest staff. I'm glad the charter boat hadn't left before I could hustle back with my cup of that most precious liquid! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom