Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bladesmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well folks I finished rescue diver class this weekend at the Blue Lagoon. This was a great class, very rewarding class to take. Also the Viz at the Blue Lagoon was great, probably 30ft easy. This was saturday morning, water temp was 70 at the surface. Richard

Well folks I finished rescue diver class this weekend at the Blue Lagoon. This was a great class, very rewarding class to take. Also the Viz at the Blue Lagoon was great, probably 30ft easy. This was saturday morning, water temp was 70 at the surface. Richard

Congratulations !!!!!

'Congrats' Richard....I hope you never need the skills learned in your Rescue course....but its nice knowing you have them just in case. :wink:

Congrats Richard... We finished ours at CSSP this weekend so I understand how much fun and stress it has been.... May we never have to put a single thing we learned to use...

Charlie

Congratulations, Richard and Charlie! :clapping:

Congrats, Richard.

It's a bit troubling to me when I hear someone say, "I hope you never have to use what you've learned". As we learned in rescue class, when looking for signs and signals of potential incidents, we are being proactive. Once we have to use the reactive skills, most likely we have missed that signal. Let us all be looking to fix a problem before it becomes necessary to use our reactive rescue skills. That was, and should be a big part of all rescue classes.

Once again, well done

~tony

Congrats, Richard.

It's a bit troubling to me when I hear someone say, "I hope you never have to use what you've learned". As we learned in rescue class, when looking for signs and signals of potential incidents, we are being proactive. Once we have to use the reactive skills, most likely we have missed that signal. Let us all be looking to fix a problem before it becomes necessary to use our reactive rescue skills. That was, and should be a big part of all rescue classes.

Once again, well done

~tony

Tony....in saying 'hope you never have to use the skills learned', I believe most of us understand it is in reference to the reactive skills we are referring to.....I don't think many rescue level divers whom spend time regularly in the water give up the proactive skill and warning sign interpretations. I for one know how important keeping fresh on both regards can make a difference in a few divers day.

Congrats Richard ,
I just recently finished resuce also and now am a Divemaster Canidate, i can tell you from Dm'ing a class you are always watching once you learn.
It takes your diving awareness to a new level.

Once again Congrats

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom