Required Safety Stop a decompression stop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think PADI and SSI send out mixed signals in addition to winking when it comes to talking about safety stops and decompression in general. Neither the Navy Tables or the RDP were designed for multilevel repetitive diving. If you are diving your computer and doing several dives over the course of a single outing then the tables and the RDP become irrelevant.

I treat the safety stop as a decompression stop and appreciate the link by boulderjohn. Because I think its wise to do a deep stop in addition to the safety stop at 15-20.

There are examples in the magazines routinely about divers that come down with DCS while diving their computers and not exceeding their NDL. I think it would be prudent to remember that we are dealing here with a bell curve and the science is not that well understood.

PD

Back
Top Bottom