Reporting back from Maui: Ed Robinsons/Dive & Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaila

Registered
Reaction score
Following up on my earlier post...thanks for the suggestions! 9 dives in Maui, September 8-13. First dive (3 tank) with Ed Robinson's. Back wall, another drift around the point, and final dive nearby. Great crew, great operation. Amazing vis, good marine life, would definitely recommend. Wanted to go with them the next day for the special adventure dive they have on Wednesdays, but we couldn't go that early due to a conflict. They recommended a dive op that goes later, and we had a great experience with them...Dive & Sea. It is a couple, Emi and John (she used to be with Ed Robinson's) that run their operation... John captains and Emi is the guide/DM. Nice (newer)boat, chartered for 12 but they only take 6. Went out with them for the next 3 days, for 3 2-tank dives. Even though I had already taken the buoyancy course as part of my advanced, decided after watching Brett (an instructor who had a student on board) I asked if he could join us the next day for a speciality course. He set did, and it was great fun. He set up the hula hoops, and even hubby (who has 150+ dives) decided to take the specialty with me. Brett was an outstanding instructor and guide. Emi was great at finding critters, and I can't wait to go out with them on the next trip. A good option for those that want/need to leave a bit later (out of Kihei at 7:30). Over the 4 days of diving saw all the wonderful stuff you see in and around the back of Molokini--sharks, a beautiful eagle ray, nudis, turtles, eels, frogfish, octopus, etc. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

oops...sorry about they typos...but hopefully you will get my "drift" (groan)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom