Replacing battery on dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricAdvin

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Sherwood wisdom computer and I can find the battery and oring for $10. Buy I can find the same battery for 5 for $10 without the oring. This is the first time im changing my battery since i bought it bran new. So my question is do I have to replace the oring as well? If so, do they sell just the oring by itself. Since I can get more batteries for less

Thanks

I usually change the O ring same time as the battery, although O ring is probably ok to use again providing it is not damaged/worn its not like its a great expense in the scheme of things. I would contact a sherwood dealer and ask them if they sell the O ring separately I would imagine a dealer would be able to order the part. However I dont think $10 is too steep given how expensive diving is in general, how much would you lose if your computer flooded? the O ring is static so should last a wee while but for me its not worth the risk. Good luck.

Thanks I was thinking the same thing. I was just hoping I could get just the o-ring. But if not then I will buy the kit. The dive computer is to expensive to replace that a $10 kit could have prevented. I was just wondering but you helped me put it in perspective. Thank you

Go online and figure out what number o-ring it is by size. Then you can order several or get them from local suppliers. I stock more o-rings than any shop in our county because I got tired of paying for them in a kit and then waiting for the kit. They are probably the largest markup item I have ever seen. Most o-rings cost a few pennies each, or less, when bought by the hundred.

:cool2:I received my battery replacement kit. I measured the o-ring and it looks like it is an AS568-026. Boy is this a racket. O-ring package of 100 for $5.52 on Amazon. I've seen the batteries for under a dollar US. That must be some expensive grease. I'll order some o rings when I get back from vacation and do a direct comparison.:D

The manual for my Galileo states it's OK to leave the O ring alone if it looks undamaged. Just wipe it clean. The local tech at the shop confirmed this, as it's a static O ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom