Replacement extender band on Oceanic Geo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cubbiegirlem

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an oceanic Geo 2.0 computer, which I purchased earlier this year. Sometimes I need to wear the extender wristband, because I dive in cold water with a 7 mm and gloves. Awhile back, the metal part on the wristband broke. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement? Are these just standard size that I could get at a store? Since there's never been a context where I've needed an extender, I'm not sure whether they come in standard sizes or if I need to get one from Oceanic.

I contacted Oceanic, but didn't receive a response.

Any advice would be helpful.

Fortunately I am headed to Fiji so I won't need my 7 mm there. :) I probably won't get in another cold water dive until next season, but I'd like to buy one while I'm thinking of it now. (And I'm not sure if my warranty would cover this or not, but if so, that's another incentive to get it done sooner rather than later.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Emily

I have a brand new extender strap for my Geo 2 computer. As i don't dive cold water anymore it is extra. I would sell it for $18usd including the shipping.

As an alternative to the extender, you could use something like this.

maratac

I temporarily used one for my Geo 2.0 and If I remember correctly I went with the "Nitrox extreme" and cut it to length. Unfortunately they suffer the same issue as the stock wrist band. At depth in a thick compressed wetsuit, the computer is pretty loose around the wrist.

I solved this by simply use two bungee loops now. The are stretchy enough to work from a naked wrist up to my 7mm with 5mm gloves

I tried a NATO style watch band but there wasn't enough room between the pins and housing. I ended up making a continuous band and screwing on thin stainless steel clips that would fit. I don't trust a single pin or rubber watch bands.

Hello. I have just seen your message. Do you still have that strap extension on sale? If so would you please contact me on avertomanota@yahoo.es ?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI. Contacting Oceanic via email is the second worst way of of trying to get a hold of them. If you have not done so, I suggest you call them during west coast business hours. There is no part number for this, so their unwritten policy is to provide this free of charge as long as they have some around to ship.

Here is some insight. They would much rather talk to you. They get far, far too many emails to respond to each, they heavily favor phone calls. I hope this helps.

I have an oceanic Geo 2.0 computer, which I purchased earlier this year. Sometimes I need to wear the extender wristband, because I dive in cold water with a 7 mm and gloves. Awhile back, the metal part on the wristband broke. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement? Are these just standard size that I could get at a store? Since there's never been a context where I've needed an extender, I'm not sure whether they come in standard sizes or if I need to get one from Oceanic.

I contacted Oceanic, but didn't receive a response.

Any advice would be helpful.

Fortunately I am headed to Fiji so I won't need my 7 mm there. :) I probably won't get in another cold water dive until next season, but I'd like to buy one while I'm thinking of it now. (And I'm not sure if my warranty would cover this or not, but if so, that's another incentive to get it done sooner rather than later.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Emily

Maybe a little off topic, but how do you like this computer? I borrowed my buddys and I really liked it and he raved about it. The only negative thing, I have heard is that it is hard to navigate and can be confusing. I liked it but wanting a second opinion.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom