Replacement Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baldone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I need to replace two ProSub computers. The batteries are dead and can't be serviced. These were mounted in a console with the pressure gauge. They are round and measure 2" in diameter and I'd like to get something that would be a direct replacement with user friendly battery replacement. Can be used as budget is a consideration. Thanks, Jim

Pelagic makes a variety. Check out Oceanic for inexpensive ones with user serviceable batteries.

Hi, I need to replace two ProSub computers. The batteries are dead and can't be serviced. These were mounted in a console with the pressure gauge. They are round and measure 2" in diameter and I'd like to get something that would be a direct replacement with user friendly battery replacement. Can be used as budget is a consideration. Thanks, Jim
I assume you want to swap modules in the console. Photos of both console and module would help, and height of module.

DIve Right IN Scuba has the Oceanic Veo 2.0 on sale for three bills. You can probably get it in a console as well, but why not go wrist mount? Most seasoned divers do it that way. It's way easy to use and to read. I dove one for years.

veo2.0wrist.jpg

If you want to settle for PZ+ rather than DSAT
As long as it is NOT RGBM or similar all other algorithms are acceptable. I have been diving with Uwatec Aladin for over 20yrs and I don't think DSAT is any 'better'. In fact I found DSAT too liberal to my liking, I have Veo 180 as back up.

Decided to put in a depth gauge in the console which opens up more options for the computer. I may try and open up the computer and play with a battery replacement. I'm not going to be out anything as it was part of some used equipment I acquired. I have my first computer still which is Parkway and I've replaced the battery in it a couple of times. Requires a soldering iron and a lot of silicone. My other computer is a Aeris Atomos 2. Here's an image of the ProSub computer. Jim
small-prosub-computer-jpg.88282.jpg

looks to be a bottom timer. not sure they hold their depth calibration if the battery dies, so even if you get a new battery in, getting the depth reading correct is another consideration.

Decided to put in a depth gauge in the console which opens up more options for the computer. I may try and open up the computer and play with a battery replacement. I'm not going to be out anything as it was part of some used equipment I acquired. I have my first computer still which is Parkway and I've replaced the battery in it a couple of times. Requires a soldering iron and a lot of silicone. My other computer is a Aeris Atomos 2. Here's an image of the ProSub computer. Jim
View attachment 497036
Are you sure it is a computer? Because it looks exactly the same as the old Uwatec Bottom timer.
How to change the battery on Uwatec bottom timer is available on line but I do vividly remember the warning on disconnecting the dead battery. Because the memory is volatile.

Good luck.

Help needed for DIY battery replacement of Scubapro 330 bottom timer

Opening up an older bottom timer to get it working (pic)

Interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom