Replaced 25" LP Inflator Hose with 22". Problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snoballz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just replaced the OEM 25" inflator hose from my Apex WTX harness to a 22" Miflex hose. All things being equal, have anyone noticed any problems with a shorter inflator hose such as bending of the corrugated hose?

TIA.
:cool2:

I replaced the inflator hose on my Halcyon Eclipse with a Miflex unit, but I got one the same length as the original (can't remember the length) - I wouldn't have thought a 3" shorter hose would cause any problems though, since the routing is more or less independant, and the corrugated hose is pretty flexible

I don't see it as a problem unless you are putting strain on it.
Alot depends on your set up and your size.
I put a shorter hose on my Daughters reg because she is only 5'3" tall and wears a small bc. The original hose was way too long for her.

Jim B

Do you mean problem with the length or with the Myflex? I have a 15"( non-Miflex) LP inflator hose and a 12" corrugated hose which works perfectly, ie, no loop in the LP hose and no bend in the corugated hose. I like the stiffness of the LP hose as it helps position the inflator right where
I need it. With the Miflex hose, "some people" believe that the inflator might have more flop and be a little more difficult to find.

I could see potential problems with having a shorter LP hose if. . .

1. You use a cable-dump and the shorter LP hose prevents the corrugated hose from being extended enough to activate valve.

2. Like JBRES1 mentioned, that when you use the inflater to dump you are pulling the LP hose tight. This would obviously put undue strain on the crimp and possibly cause it to cut into the hose or prematurely fail.

3. The LP hose isn't long enough to allow you to orally inflate.

I think you'll just have to set the rig up on a tank and try it out.

Back
Top Bottom