Repairs: Seal Cement or Aquaseal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otter-cat

Reaction score
I remember some time ago being told that between aquaseal and seal cement (which are both made by the same company), one was better for edge-to-edge neoprene repairs, while the other was better for face-to-face (plane-to-plane, as in gluing a pocket onto the leg) repairs, but I can't remember which was better for which. Can anyone help me out with this?

I have 2 small repairs to make to my BARE neoprene drysuit, and I have both aquaseal and seal cement, but don't know which to use. One repair is for a small tear in the kneepad (thankfully, it doesn't go through to the suit under the kneepad.) The other is where the tape that goes over one of the seams on the legs is starting to come up, and the suit has started to leak slightly through the stitching under the tape in that area (which, incidentally, I was surprised to see, since the suit proudly bears BARE's No-Stitch-Technology logo....)

Any advice on which product to use for each repair, as well as tips on actually using them would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
otter-cat
:confused:

otter-cat once bubbled...
I remember some time ago being told that between aquaseal and seal cement (which are both made by the same company), one was better for edge-to-edge neoprene repairs, while the other was better for face-to-face (plane-to-plane, as in gluing a pocket onto the leg) repairs, but I can't remember which was better for which. Can anyone help me out with this?

I have 2 small repairs to make to my BARE neoprene drysuit, and I have both aquaseal and seal cement, but don't know which to use. One repair is for a small tear in the kneepad (thankfully, it doesn't go through to the suit under the kneepad.) The other is where the tape that goes over one of the seams on the legs is starting to come up, and the suit has started to leak slightly through the stitching under the tape in that area (which, incidentally, I was surprised to see, since the suit proudly bears BARE's No-Stitch-Technology logo....)

Any advice on which product to use for each repair, as well as tips on actually using them would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
otter-cat
:confused:
Seal Cement for edge to edge.

Seal Cement for tear on knee. Aquaseal for under the tape repair.

Keep an eye on the repairs...You might have to keep redoing the Aqualseal repair.

otter-cat once bubbled...
<snip>tips on actually using them would be GREATLY appreciated

Clean all surfaces and follow the directions and you should be ok. Oh did I mention clean the surfaces:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom