Repackable Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was fairly simple to modify my Bristol (American Bristol 4 cfm) type cartridge and involved a bit of luck. The cartridges are each composed of three parts, 2 plastic end caps glued to a plastic tube. I bought a section of 2 inch aluminum tube and cut sections to replace the original plastic. Just a matter of inserting the plastic caps into the new aluminum tube. Now, they slide perfectly into the aluminum with the lips of the caps set on O rings, no glue involved. Later, I looked to increase the capacity and was able to find another cubic inch. I did away with the bottom cap which took up some space due to the fins on the bottom. An aluminum disc was cut with a hole saw, then drilled and soldered (alumaloy) to the tube. My setup really did not need the fins anyway. Essentially, they are a stand-off to reduce spray getting into the cartridge. I suppose that could be a problem if used in the original setup, eg a hybrid filter responsible for moisture separation and final filtering. My portable compressor, on which the Bristol hybrid canister is mounted, includes a separate moisture separator so no neat water shows up in the hybrid. I don't care much for hybrids but the little coalescer in the bottom is there if needed. My personal practice and philosophy is to install two separate components, one for moisture condensation and the other for chemical filtering. I don't like these to talk to each other, either; that is except when the machine is actually operating. Otherwise, any communication involving movement of water vapor from one to the other is death to the chemicals.

Yes, in fact, I have a Global repackable cartridge in my tower filter which I use for a secondary filter.

What I was looking for is a stainless steel repackable cartridge for the Bauer triplex filter that is mounted on my Bauer Capitano compressor. The Bauer cartridges are plastic and are easily opened up. They can be repacked at least a couple of times but will not last forever.

I must say this surprises me - I have never seen a Bauer cartridge in plastic but only aluminium, and I am a heavy user of cartridges both the triplex and p41 Securis type.

Lawrence Factor cartridges are manufactured from plastic, but genuine Bauer cartridges are usually aluminium.

Dale,

Here you go.... Stainless repackable filters out of Australia......

prodivingservices.com.au/page.php?show=1&action=expand&ID=62

Let me know if you order one.... I need a P0, Jim C (Buccaneers) might be interested in one too!

We can save on shipping.

Cap'n Tony

Dale,

Let me know if you order one.... I need a P0, Jim C (Buccaneers) might be interested in one too!

We can save on shipping.

Cap'n Tony

I'm interested in one for a P0 as well.

If someone wants to try to get a group deal, shared shipping together I am interested in a P0 also.

Ike

Dale,

We can save on shipping.

Cap'n Tony

I'm interested in one for a P0 as well.

If someone wants to try to get a group deal, shared shipping together I am interested in a P0 also.

Ike

Only a year-and-half late.....lol
Better late than never

Hi,
after researching on this board,I bought the repackable Stainless steel cartridge from
Pro Diving services in (Austraiia)
Richard took care of me the total price with express airmail shipping was $392.00
US Dollars.
I now own two Bauer compressor latest is a Oceanus 4.9 cfm 220 volt.

Still packing the plastic ones for the gas compressor.
Jerry:D

I have a bauer K14 and have been repacking the same filter for 15 years it is so much cheaper I did try and replace it with another repacable filter but Jordair in Vancouver no longer make them ..they only sell the sealed cartriges they will however sell all the sieive, Hopcalite ,and charcol plus felt pads to keep repaking my own one could however make a sealed unit into a repackable.... cost to buy cartrige about $100 cost to repack about $6.00
ps ..have your air tested

Anyone looking for repackable "cartridges", is going to find that the lack of demand is the main reason manufacturers don't produce them. Setting up a CNC mill and/or lathe to do "one offs" or even small production runs, just isn't cost effective. And if you do find one, as Seahuntjerry has, the price is outrageous.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom