Renting while traveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midnitesun64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Turks & Caicos next year, wondering if anyone knows of somewhere to rent a SeaLife DC1400 and strobes. New to underwater photo and video. Currently use a HD GoPro Hero. Looking for lighting enhancments and better photos, especially Macro and flash. DC1400 always looked easy enough to use. Not really interested in investing 1400.00 to purchase right now since diving for me seems to only take place on vacations. Living in interior Alaska I have limited dive opertunities.

I will be in Turks & Caicos next year, wondering if anyone knows of somewhere to rent a SeaLife DC1400 and strobes. New to underwater photo and video. Currently use a HD GoPro Hero. Looking for lighting enhancments and better photos, especially Macro and flash. DC1400 always looked easy enough to use. Not really interested in investing 1400.00 to purchase right now since diving for me seems to only take place on vacations. Living in interior Alaska I have limited dive opertunities.
You might want to post this in the Sea Life forum instead of the Sea & Sea forum........

Hi midnightsun64, I would recommend that you try to rent on the island or through a local dive shop. My first experience with underwater photo was a rented Sea&Sea camera and housing from my local dive shop. That experience sold me on getting my own equipment. Many dive ops offer a camera rental. Start with the dive op you will be using while in the Turkes and Caicos. If they don't rent cameras, ask them if they know any shop on the island that does rent UW camera systems.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom