Renting a house or condo in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEMO Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Next year in July my wife and 2 other couples are going to Bonaire. We would like to rent a house or a condo with 3 bedrooms, and 3 full bathrooms. We prefer that all 3 bedrooms have king or queen size beds. We also prefer to be right on the ocean. If you have know of a location that fits this description please let me know.

Look on VRBO. We just got back a week ago and rented a nice place at Light House Beach Resort. Reasonably priced and nice location.

Here you go- Depending on your budget-- This is more house/villa than you need and was for me, but more is better than less-
Seafront Villa with Beautiful Tropical Gard... - VRBO

Here is my review of the Villa:
•We decided to rent our own villa. It was much more room than we needed for our group size (5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms), but I also wanted to check it out for future trips with larger groups. Disclaimer: Primary criteria for me on Bonaire is being on the water. I want to be able to walk into the water and dive at any time of the day or night.
•Our stay could not have been better! Lamber (the owner) is the absolute best person to communicate with. He is super prompt with communications and questions via e-mail. All communication is clear, concise and truthful. The villa is exactly as advertised and as it appears in the VRBO photos. Lamber was at the villa when we arrived and spent 20 minutes or so orienting us to his beautiful home and answering any other questions we had regarding our stay. He made sure to have some beer and wine waiting for us and A number of other food items and breakfast provisions to get us through the next morning with no worries about rushing out to get provisions. Our main purpose for this trip was to dive and dive some more and this villa and location is ideal for that. It is 30 meters away from the Dive Friends Bonaire dive shop located at Hamlet Oasis and the CLIFF dive site. Once you have your tanks, you can walk down the steps from the villa's seaside patio and walk right into the water and drop down and be on top of the vertical CLIFF WALL within a couple of kicks. Doesn't get any easier. The villa has a light that can be turned on and shines out into the water to aid in those night and early morning dawn dives. There are 2 rinse tanks for your gear. 2 large lockers with locks for storing gear and a very nice gear up bench. The villa is equipped with a solid WIFI connection, air conditioning in all bedrooms that works extremely well and a well stocked kitchen for preparing your own meals. It is a short walk over to a local grocery store (Zhung Kong) and you are walking distance to Captain Don's Habitat and Buddy Dive, if you decide you want to go to their restaurants. It is also conveniently located close to “BETWEEN 2 BUNS”: which was our go to spot for breakfast after an early morning dive on the house reef. On a couple occasions, we would also order sandwiches to go, when we planned for longer days out doing 3 or more consecutive dives up at the northern dive sites. Their baguettes and croissants are outstanding. The villa also has a nice ice maker and a couple of coolers that you can use to take with you for day trips, which we did nearly every day. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. There is nothing I can complain about. Pics and more details on our villa can be found here: https://www.Vrbo.Com/300299

Here is the link to my entire review of the dive trip: Bonaire Dive Trip Report- August 2017

Thank you for the replies. We have been looking on VRBO. I was hoping to gain some first hand knowledge. Seafront Villa looks great, but is not available for our week in July. That is the type of location we are looking for.

Belmar has several 3br condos on the top floor - Buddy Dive is onsite. Most are 2bath though except this one and the 3rd bathroom is not ensuite but adjacent. VIP Deluxe - Belmar Oceanfront Apartments Bonaire

It's so close to the water that in some areas if you fell off the deck you're in it. A few minutes south of town in Belnem which is a quieter area. A 5-10 min. drive to anything resembling food however. We liked it, far enough south so you don't hear the planes.

More upscale? beachfront villa Kas Chapin Bonaire | Piet boon just a little farther south in Punt Vierkant.

You might browse the listings here also for a house that might work - SunRentals Bonaire – Vacation Rentals Bonaire, Real Estate and Long Term Rental

Here is another link for you. I have not stayed there, but the reviews are solid and I can vouch for the location. This is a 3 bedroom condo at Sand Dollar, which puts you right on Bari Reef as your house reef and Dive Friends would be right next door for your tanks. This is a killer location. Stunning Oceanfront Location 16 Feet From T... - VRBO

Check out island time rentals
Home | Island Time Vacation Rentals.
We stayed at Villa la Brisa, had an awesome vacation.

A benefit of staying in a resort based condo is security. They almost all have 24/7 security staff on site. I would check before booking.

A house generally would not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom