rental equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmalinowski:
I take everything but the gas cylinders and weight. The sky caps hate me... but I tip well :)

Additionally, if my baggage got lost, and I knew the gear or the establishment, I would rent. For instance: I am going on GUE Cayman Quest to Grand Cayman at end of February and diving with Ocean Frontiers. If something happend and my luggage was gone, I'd rent in a heartbeat from Fraser.

Chris

Just to play devil's advocate (only because I know you personally), what would you do if you were heading to a place that wasn't GUE influenced and only had stab jackets and weird octo configurations? Do you dive anyway, or possibly can the vacation?

I'm not trying to stir, I'm chewing on my response as well. Certainly something to ruminate for a bit over...

Derek S:
Just to play devil's advocate (only because I know you personally), what would you do if you were heading to a place that wasn't GUE influenced and only had stab jackets and weird octo configurations? Do you dive anyway, or possibly can the vacation?

I'm not trying to stir, I'm chewing on my response as well. Certainly something to ruminate for a bit over...
I don't know. It would depend on what I saw. Before I became aware that some people don't take care of their equipment I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Now I'd be very skeptical and would have to feel comfortable to rent the stuff. It would probably change any deeper dive profiles to shallow play dives though. Still hard to answer...

KMD:
I dont quite have the chutzpah to wear the wing on my back on the plane.

Don't wear it backwards. Security might think you're wearing crude body armour on the plane and I'll bet they will want to know why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom