Rental DUI TLS350 suits- would you buy one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, sorry...

i am a brand new dry suit user

H2Andy:
yes, sorry...

i am a brand new dry suit user
DUI makes the "zip seals" they are the seals, but the zip into the suit like a ziplock. So YOU can change your seals yourself - easily. You just trim and zip them in... It's cool...Our suits have them.

http://www.dui-online.com/zip_seals.htm

I recently purchased a used CLx450. This is my first dry suit purchase, I have been renting. Your deal sounds like a pretty good deal if the suit you get is in reasonably good shape. My plan is to use my suit until I eventually purchase a new suit, this future suit will be chosen based on my experiences in this suit. I will know better if I want things like zipper or velcro pockets and other options. When I do eventually purchase that new suit, my present suit will become my backup. To be used occasionally when the main suit is away for repairs or modifications, or if for some reason my current suit is more appropriate for a particular dive.

If you view this purchase as a suit to be used for a few years and then relegated to spare status you might get a different perspective on how much you want to pay. It will also make you more tolerant of the possible shortcomings of this used suit.

Good luck with your choice.

Mark Vlahos

howarde:
DUI makes the "zip seals" they are the seals, but the zip into the suit like a ziplock. So YOU can change your seals yourself - easily. You just trim and zip them in... It's cool...Our suits have them.

thank you, it's all clear now

nope, my suit doesn't have them

H2Andy:
thank you, it's all clear now

nope, my suit doesn't have them

It may not have them now, but...

What does the future have in store for you?:D

Mark Vlahos

dbg40:
Do a little more homework before you kill the deal. Many shops get the suits with zips so they can keep several sizes on hand for the renters. They can generate more income that way in correctly fitting seals to the customer. If the suit has zips, and is in good condition, without a bunch of holes and abrasions, and the feet are still good, then I still think it's not a bad deal.

Good point. I talked to the shop again today and got more info. No zip seals. All suits are shoulder entry (I had previously thought they had some front entry suits they were going to be selling). Doesn't sound like as good a deal any more. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and advice. It really helped me think about what exactly I want in a suit and what I'd consider a good deal. Oh well. I may still rent these until I get around to buying one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom