Rental DUI TLS350 suits- would you buy one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't say if it is a good deal or not because I don't see the suit with my own eyes.

Like dbg40 said, the zipper is ok, it isn't a big deal to get the new wrist and neck seals. Anyway, it is a cutome size and comsumables...

In addiiton, you might also need to check the refurbished one from diveus.com...
There are many good deals out there... So, study and shop around more...

it entirely depends on the quality of the suit

i bought a 1994 DUI TLS350 used (after it was used for instruction and rental).

other than three or four leaks, which i eventually found and patched, nothing's
wrong with it. i do have a small seep on my right calf/foot area which i can't find.

it's barely enough to dampen my sock... not wet...

so... yeah... i made a good call... but it depends on the suit

StSomewhere:
Why are you so sure you want zip seals?

BC it is a darn convenient and worry free.......... Just my 2 psi....

Point taken, Maybe, the current seal doesn't work out this body...:)

StSomewhere:
Why are you so sure you want zip seals?

In my mind, the convenience afforded by zip seals is what distinguishes DUI suits from any other trilam suit. Without the zipseals we're just talking about a used trilam suit for $500 with 400 dives on it. Without zipseals for slightly more than $500 there's any number of good new trilam suits. The point is taken, though, that if the suit's seals are fine I can get by without retrofitting it immediately. If/when the seals finally need replacing I can retrofit zip seals at that point.

ah.... what is a zip seal?

Back
Top Bottom