Rental cars these days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wicket

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve been to the island many times but it’s been a few years (Covid) we’ve always used smaller rental places ie. d&d and just drive. In the past the large agency’s didn’t have the best track record. Is this still the way or will the big ones be more reliable? Heading down in March with a large family group so I’m looking at van(s)

I’ve been to the island many times but it’s been a few years (Covid) we’ve always used smaller rental places ie. d&d and just drive. In the past the large agency’s didn’t have the best track record. Is this still the way or will the big ones be more reliable? Heading down in March with a large family group so I’m looking at van(s)
I’ve only been once, but D&D took great care of us. When some folks who went with us decided to return a couple of months later they used D&D again. They ended up in a Covid related quarantine stay and D&D told them to hang on to the car as long as needed, no problems. So, I will definitely use them when I go back.

Erik

Thanks for this post guys. I'm trying to rent local instead of the big national places and was actually concerned the other way, with the locals not having on airport facilities. I just booked with D and D. Are their facilities close, and the airport pickup pretty easy?

Their office is across the street from the airport. When we went in January they picked us up in a shuttle van just outside of the airport. There were 5 of us, so we had 2 cars. When we left, the 2 drivers in our group dropped everyone off at the airport with the luggage, drove the cars over for drop off and they shuttled the 2 of us back over. Worked great.

Thanks for this post guys. I'm trying to rent local instead of the big national places and was actually concerned the other way, with the locals not having on airport facilities. I just booked with D and D. Are their facilities close, and the airport pickup pretty easy?
@keesmon - FYI... Car Rental Agencies such as National Car Rental and Alamo are owned by a "local family" that has invested heavily to create a these successful locally owned franchises. The upside to using these agencies is knowing that they renew their fleet every 3 years and that they have efficient onsite pick-up/drop-off service directly at the airport.

Heading down in Nov and have a car reserved with Budget. I will let you know how it goes.
Any update on how the rental worked out? We are needing 2 larger (vans) so most of the “local” groups can’t accommodate us.

Just got back used D&D for 3 vehicle's Van/Truck/SUV everything was excellent...

Just got back used D&D for 3 vehicle's Van/Truck/SUV everything was excellent...
Looks like they are out I’ve trucks and vans for my days😢 that’s why I’m looking at other options

Back
Top Bottom