rent photo gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there a shop that rents dive photo gear in Maui (kihei) or on the Big Island (kona)?

thanks,
cra2

Thanks. I'll call them and see what they have.
I was hoping to find a dive photo shop that had more extensive gear to rent/try/buy.
Strobes and such.

Maui Dreams may have some if you're serious about buying it (or ordering it through them) -- I don't think there's much of a market for rental of high-end gear, though.

I called them.
They'll order whatever you want, but don't have it in stock.
The only thing they have in stock is a point & shoot, which I already have.
thanks though

I'm just surprised there's noone around there to take dive-photo lessons from or try-out gear with.

KrisB:
Maui Dreams may have some if you're serious about buying it (or ordering it through them) -- I don't think there's much of a market for rental of high-end gear, though.

Charlie99:
For dive photo lessons, check out http://www.tortuga-web.com/reeflections/index.html .

He posts on this board as Tortuga Roja.

Perhaps he has high end gear available for a class / private photo dives.

Charlie,

Thanks for posting that. Tortuga is who I was going to recommend as well. Tortuga does some great work. If you check the digitaldiver.net board (Show Off section) you can see some of his work.

thanks guys, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom