Rent a Phone~~anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use travelcell.com Great service and very good prices. They deliver a phone to you before you leave and you ship it back when you return.

Thanks everyone for your help. I just read this on another board..any thoughts from any of you on this? I'm planning on making my decision soon!

'We purchased a National Geographic Talk Abroad Travel phone (unlocked SIM.) Our regular cell phone is Verizon and, although we have IDIAL enabled on it (which is "supposed" to allow us to use it on the ship when at sea,) it will not work while in port. The National Geographic phone has no roaming fees and all _incoming calls are free_. Outgong calls are only 90 cents/minute and it comes with 30 minutes included. We do bring a laptop with us, but we still felt the need to stay connected, especially in a few of the countries we'll be visiting.'

Do NOT use the NG phone. It is expensive and unreliable. I used one a few months ago and still regret it. Go with Travelcell. Customer service was really good and phone was totally reliable.

Back
Top Bottom