Rent a car & parking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Okay, I'm coming down in February and I've been to the island several times. However, this is the first time we're bringing our 2 year old son. My parents are coming to help watch him, so this is a family trip. :)

I'm assuming we should rent a car. Do they offer car seats, or do we need to bring one? Also, where do we park when going into downtown? I've always realized parking anything but a scooter would be a nightmare as the streets are mostly jam packed. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I always rent a car. Make sure you have insurance. Its much easier to buy the insurance offered by the rental company than try to use your credit card company insurance should you have an accident. Not sure about car seats but I am sure other will chime in. Parking on the street is possible but limited. There are many parking lots that are very inexpensive all over town. Its important to check the time they close if you plan on being out after 9 or 10. Many rely on cabs but I have always like having the freedom to come and go as I please on vacation. Pay attention to the stop signs, locals and don't drink and drive and you should be good.

You could park at the Mega or Chedraui and have a pretty easy walk into town (less than 5 minutes). Depending on where you are staying you can do without a car. I usually rent a house in the Corpus Christi area and do without a car or weeks at a time. Only need it to hit the east side of the island or Punta Sur...

After 8pm the parking on Melgar is free both sides of the street usually lots of empty places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom