Removing Pee Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I rarely use my drysuit pee valve and the hose is a PITA when donning the suit. Has anyone else come to this conclusion and removed the valve?

No -- although I don't use my p-valve for a lot of my hometown recreational diving, it's too valuable for the times I need it for me to take it off.

You can add a piece of velcro to the suspenders in your suit and capture the end of the P-valve hose with that. Makes it much easier to manage the hose when donning the suit.

I got some of the longer "cable wrap" style velcro straps from Home D and secured one end around the bottom section of the left suspender. Then I wrap the free end around the P-valve hose and secure the velcro back on itself on the suspender. Hope that makes sense.

Henrik

Screw down the valve and yank the hose.

My valve came with heavy-duty fuel line hose attached. It seems like overkill for the application. What do people typically use for catheter hose? I would think that surgical tubing would be flexible and comfortable unless it collapses too easily.

Is there a compatible bc cap or op valve? Depends take me to a less complicated time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom