Removable Pony Mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tchil01

Reaction score
There has been a number of post about Pony Bottles on here recenly so I thought I would be safe to ask another question.

At my Nitrox class last night the instructor mentioned some new Pony mounts that were removable at depth. The idea is that you are able to hand off the whole pony to someone who is hanging on the line who screwed up and got himself into a deco that was longer then their gas supply.

I have a pony tammer that I like decause it holds the tank securely while making it easy to change over between dives. I guess I could hand it off but it would be a bit difficult. Has anyone seen seen these "new" mounts?

OK, before you launch into how much better it is to rig your pony as a stage... I've heard it and have consideredit. My preference is.. I guess, my preference...

Thanks

Ty

tchil01 once bubbled...
Has anyone seen seen these "new" mounts?

Kohr Systems has the Q-Connect system which is removable at depth. I had it until I switched to a stage setup [because I couldn't mount the bottle upside down the way the straps were on my STA, and I didn't like not being able to reach the valve with it right-side up].

They're not exactly "new.."

Two of my regular buddies have 19cf ponies on this type of mount. Pull a pin, the pony slips right off and the user can hold it him/herself.

They seem to like them.. I personally have been thinking of getting one (a pony I mean). Not sure how i'd mount it.. either with the quick-release or as a stage, I'd have to try both and see what's more comfortable.

I really don't know what the problem with having a pony as a bailout bottle is. Surely people can't expect everyone to have two sets of doubles? You can't put an H on a rental tank. Anyway, getting too off topic..

Back
Top Bottom