Remote adaptor for Canon ZR85

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, this is my first attempt at underwater video. About 5-6 months ago, I wanted an underwater video camera but was discouraged by the prices, including the housing. So I settled for upgrading my existing 7 year old video camera. I ended up with a Canon ZX85.

One day last week I was talking to my LDS about it and he offered to let me use his housing. I went over to his house that night and I tried to place my video cam inside-it fit great. I tried to connect the "lan or land"(spelling)connection for the remote control functions and it didnt fit. He stated that it "should" fit and that most/all cameras have this plug in-on them.

Well..........mine dont. All I have is some USB's, no serial or cable connections. Is there an adaptor that I can buy to make it work? Circuit City and the like, dont know what im talking about. Do I need a video cam specifically for this housing? The case is an "Accugear, Accutronic AH2"The LDS owner has offered many times to let me use his as he doesnt use it anymore but, im afraid of flooding despite his assurances that it wont. He's gone down to 180' with it and no problems. It has a triple O ring seal, (maybe they all do) and 4 lock down clamps for the cover. I just dont want to take the chance, I would rather flood MY vid cam than his.

Any suggestions/help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom