For Sale Reminder- be careful who you deal with...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or you mention in your for sale posting that the buyer is responsible for PayPal fees. That’s what I do.

@DirtFish It appears from his Facebook that he's in Nigeria
419 scams! There's a blast from the past. Used to be the scourge of emails in the nineties/naughties.

Used to enjoy the 419 bating stories; scam the scammer.

Or you mention in your for sale posting that the buyer is responsible for PayPal fees. That’s what I do.
Understood, but we're talking about what can a seller do to avoid getting scammed. The seller in that situation doesn't care about fees, they just want money.

Second link is the image search on google showing all the different accounts he's opened in the last week on other forums.

Second link is the image search on google showing all the different accounts he's opened in the last week on other forums.
That's neat! Didn't realise Google could do that.

Thanks.

This guy is a sh'thead!
I filed a report with the FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center on hermanj123@aol.com, @stvn123 and Syl12335@yahoo.com which is the address where the money was sent. PayPal was absolutely no help, as usual, and Barclay Mastercard said that I have to wait until the transaction processes before they can do a charge back.
I wish this thread appeared three days ago! Oh well, it's only money, and eventually I will get it back from the credit card company and nobody died, was injured or got DCS! LOL

You can always hope the scumbag gets a very painful case of the shingles. It really is what you want to wish on your worst enemy. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom