Remember Performance Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weekender

Contributor
Reaction score
So who out there remembers the company Performance Scuba? They were a sister company of Performance Bike and were acquired by Discount Divers as I recall. I bought a pair of 6mm gloves for $12 and a 3mm full suit for $39. I have beaten the crap out of both of them and they still are in great shape. My 3mm is starting to show its age because I wear it in the pool while teaching but still keeps me warm on dives. I'm sure many of you find it hard to believe a generic cheap suit could be any good but my friends and I would disagree. I can't imagine that there isn't a market for generic neoprene suits today. Is there a modern equivalent to Performance Scuba out there? If so, I have not found them. But would like too!!

Yes I remember. I used to get their catalogue. Bought an octo from them one time and used it for a couple of years. They had good prices on some decent gear. :palmtree: Bob

weekender:
So who out there remembers the company Performance Scuba?
And who remember's Rodale's ... who did some indepth testing of regulators and found them all to be great except the one they tested mail order (from performance) even the reg that was tested was an OEM from another company and that same reg tested fine with a different label on it ....

wow, never knew about that (of course I'm a new diver). But, been buying Performance Bike gear for years. Too bad they are not doing scuba. :(

Not only do I remeber Performance but I have a brand new, never worn 1/4" wet suit / head piece / boots / gloves. Interested? Let me know. :wink:

Me and my wife bought two of their dive skins on clearance. We have put them through some tough environments and they still look like new. I am always on the lookout for other gear by them.

I have a never worn 7 pc set available on ebay (check out Item number: 7100676421) - Mens Size Large. :bfish: :snorkels:

I bought a 7mm john and jacket from 'em in '94 that is still going strong. Wish I had bought a hood before they went under, my buddy bought one and it was way better than the action plus I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom