relief zipper installation (WETSUITS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 questions?????

1 Where do u all suggest I get a relief zipper installed in my wetsuit? What should I look for and or avoid? What company have u used and should I use them?

2 Is there a relief zipper made or installed for women? I mean if it zipped down the crotch I thinkthat may work? Has anyone out there heard of this and/or had one installed?

OK I HAD MORE THAN 2 QUESTIONS< SORRY>

Just use the same zipper that is already installed! (Of course, I'm going by your porfile that says "Male", but your 2nd question makes be wonder.)

Since this is a wetsuit, just go ahead and pee. (That's actually why boat trips introduced the second dive -- no head on the boat so you had to jump back in anyway.)

-Rob

One thing that may be an issue is the cold water coming through the zipper. Just remember what that zipper is next to, especially being a male. :11:
I have actually seen and OLD dry suit that zipped up from the crotch.

I have used Superior and was pleased with my wet suit alterations. http://www.drysuitrepair.com/

Personally I wouldn't install a zipper. Mostly becuase of cost and water leakage (and how easy it is to go #1 in the wetsuit). That being said I live close to Xcel wetsuits and they sew in a zipper for like $35. You can have them installed anyway you want, male or female etc. Still strikes me as slightly pointless.

Now if you need to #2...well your best bet is ripping off your wetsuit and gear....don't ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom