Relief Valve Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1gcountry

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Okay, this is for the guys only. All girls leave now, or else I will not be responsible for the outcome...

Okay, I have never actually seen this question answered on any board or newsletter, and frankly, I'm trying to think of a PG way of asking it, so...when you slip on the condom catheter, do you have to be...err...aroused? I'm picturing a bunch of Cave divers sitting in their vans before a dive with a copy of Score putting on their pitout tubes, but maybe I'm off base...

Tom

Nope- it works just fine without the skin mags. It does help to mow the lawn before you hook up the sprinkler. :wink:

It's similar to a prophylactic condom, but the catheter condom has glue on the inside to prevent it from slipping off. It does make it a little harder to take off, but if you're man enough to dive with a p-valve, then you're man enough to scream like a little girl when you take it off.

Warm water helps a bit with the peeling off.

It's similar to a prophylactic condom, but the catheter condom has glue on the inside to prevent it from slipping off. It does make it a little harder to take off, but if you're man enough to dive with a p-valve, then you're man enough to scream like a little girl when you take it off.

Medical adhesive remover is your friend. I got ConvaTec AllKare Adhesive Remover Wipes from the local medical supply place. They work great. No screaming.

Everything you ever wanted to know, and then some...

Not to toot my own horn (hmmm....that sounded dirty), here are a couple of good threads (good because of the great replies from other folks):

:eek: Wideband Catheter - Holy Crap!
Catheter adhesive remover
Pee-valve / Catheter - Success!

I never thought to ask my wife. She is a nurse, and has put a lot of these on. Her response was that is is easier if it's standing up, but can be done either way...For the sake of our marriage, I decided not to ask her why it would be standing up.

:wink:

This has got to be one of the best threads out there. Too Funny!

However it is a question I once wanted to ask but didn't have the b**** to ask, I guess (for lack of a better term) I didn't know how to bring it up!
Thank you.

here is a good video for ya...

Phil

LOL...love the wrench!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom