Relatively inexpensive CO detector setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This just showed up on the company's website today: Inspector - Carbon Monoxide Tester, CO Meter, & Scuba Analyzer Kit - Sensorcon

For $30 you get a kit which includes tubing, din, and yoke adapters.

While I have no experience with the company, earlier this week I called and spoke to an actual knowledgeable person which I always find refreshing.

This just showed up on the company's website today: Inspector - Carbon Monoxide Tester, CO Meter, & Scuba Analyzer Kit - Sensorcon

For $30 you get a kit which includes tubing, din, and yoke adapters.

While I have no experience with the company, earlier this week I called and spoke to an actual knowledgeable person which I always find refreshing.
It took me a bit to figure out what you meant by $30, since Scubanutil got his detector for $149, this this new bundle includes a detector plus scuba kit for $152 - but Scubanutil had selected the Inspector Industrial for $149 vs the basic Inspector that lists for $129, $159 bundled with scuba kit, gotcha! :thumb:

I suspect that either model will work well with the scuba kit, and that the company might be willing to bundle the Inspector Industrial and scuba kit for $20 more. It certainly looks like a nice, economical alternative to the Analox CO portable analyzer - even tho the later is more compact and easier to to. :wink:

I went ahead an posted a thread in Basic Scuba about this now that they offer the bundle, referencing this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...-co-tank-tester-choice-cheaper-than-rest.html

Last edited:
Don,

Sorry for the cryptic writings, I was a little tired when I posted yesterday. I should also include that when I spoke with them last week, they told me they recommend calibrating every 6 months (the unit has a count down for this). Some time in the next month they should also have a calibration kit for sale.

6 month calibration for CO seems like a hassle. Not like O2 where you can get it anywhere.

I am in the market for a CO tester (thanks to my lurking here for the last six months) and was about to ask my wife to get me the Analox CO tester for my birthday when I saw Dandydon's post earlier this week on this test kit. To those who have this new CO test kit, how big is it (the whole kit, so I guess the size of the case)? And does it really need calibration every six months? I spend most of my time living overseas and that could be a deal breaker (I am currently in Haiti).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom