Regulators PLEASE read: Possible option to help get the word out about needed help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalvyn

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any way for a Regulator to send a broadcast newsletter-type private message to all Scubaboard subscribers? This would insure that a lot more subscribers would get the help needed message, and hopefully make a small (or better yet, NOT so small) donation to the cause!

I know that some may feel that would be spamming. In my opinion, a broadcast message from the Scubaboard to it's subscribers would be perfectly acceptable as long as the message was Scubaboard-related news and information.

So; Good idea? Bad idea? Better ideas? Please offer up your opinions, Regulators... and everyone else!

It is a good thought... but it would actually be a violation of Scuba Board TOS against spamming IMO.

I had reservations about even making the post that I did... we don't want to set any precedent for appealing to the board members for funds... but this situation has come to a point where the board itself could have been affected. Read between the lines.

Yea, good idea actually. Not certain it can be done but Tech Admin might be able to do it. This thread will be seen and just maybe it'll happen. Thanks for the suggestion!

WW

In the management forum there are always certain messages at the top - is there a way when people view new posts (I think a lot of work that way - I know I do) so the "message" comes out at the front every time?

Just my 2yen

Jonathan

I have to agree with Pug on this one. We moderators spent alot of our time enforcing the no spam rule in the TOS. Even though it would be for a good cause, technically it is still spamming and I know KN would never allow it for any reason.

Thanks for the thought, though.

Jonathan once bubbled...
so the "message" comes out at the front every time?
The thread has been stuck to the top of the basic scuba forum.

And it will stay toward the top of the new post queue as long as folks post to it :wink:

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

The thread has been stuck to the top of the basic scuba forum.

And it will stay toward the top of the new post queue as long as folks post to it :wink:
That is what I was worried about... after a couple days, the thread would fall down the list, especially with those people that insist on 640x480!:confused:

I totally understand about the reluctance to to a broadcast message, especially in light of KN's crusade agains spammers. I was just thingking that perhaps "the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many", in this particular instance. As long as the thread remains prominent, that should be good enough to catch a few more eyeballs, methinks.

Jimmie

I am sure those of us who are concerned about this issue can find a reason to post to the thread and "bump" it anytime we notice it falling too far down the list of new posts. :D

I would vote against a broadcast message for th e"spamming" reason - -I think it would actually detract from the overall message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom