Regulators - Carry On or checked bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to Indonesia and back carrying on reg bag w/ reg set, two computers, backup light, and 16 rechargeable batteries. I expected them to open it to inspect it, and they did, and then I boarded with it.

Carry on reg and computer!

Thanks for all of the replies. I will probably carry on all of the regs. Going to the Big Island in a couple of weeks. Brings regs, masks and snorkels and renting everything else.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will probably carry on all of the regs. Going to the Big Island in a couple of weeks. Brings regs, masks and snorkels and renting everything else.

glad to help, enjoy the dives

I went to mexico a few weeks ago. I put my regs in my checked luggage above my bc and below my wetsuit for padding. I carried my computer in my carryon. I've done it many times this way and never had a problem.

Anyone know if the new regulations let you carry on your regulator? The last trip I went on I checked them through because the gal at the counter said they would not let me bring them through security. But a guy on the same flight had his in a carry on! Those who have traveled recently, please let me know.

...I've NEVER not been allowed to bring regs as carry-ons...although they pretty much always pull them aside after being X-rayed for a hand-inspection....and a couple of times they've even been swabbed for explosives residue....but no big deal.

carryons for them by me....what 'new regulations' are you talking about?

I also take my regs as carry-on. I always mention to the people on X-ray that there are scuba regulators in my bag otherwise they sometimes have a puzzled look on their face as it goes through the X-ray.

I also take camera, computer and torches in my carry-on. Remember that batteries should be removed from torches to comply with regulations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom