Regulator Swivels, good or bad??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife had this issue some years ago and it was suggested that her primary hose be moved to another port. Problem solved. On other issues, I have a ball swivel that came with my Atomics reg 10 years ago and I like it, and the moldable mouthpiece is really good.

I use a swivel First Stage, with the hose coming out of the top, and I usually use the 120 degree elbow on my long hose. It's quite simple and adds only an additional #10 o-ring.

Some people are a failure point, a swivel addition is the least of their problem.

I'm also an adherent to the MiFlex hose and Comfo-bite mouthpiece solution. A swivel is another failure point IMO. In SCUBA, KISS [Keep It Simple Stupid] applies.

Compared to the kludge I see on most people's rigs the addition of a 90 degree swivel to the second stage, which is really exactly the same as the swivel already there, is just not a failure point addition.

20 degrees too many, that's the failure point.

Love my Atomic B2 which includes a ball swivel and a slightly longer, very pliable hose. Much more comfortable than my previous reg, it’s miflex hose was significantly less flexible than the rubber hose on the Atomic

Get the ultraflex rubber reg hoses from Piranha. Much better than Miflex, and not braided.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom