Regulator Soaking Question?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont soak my SP regs...I fludh them with water while they are pressurized.
If the can not be hooked up for a rinse, then I gently spray them down and I do not soak them nor let any water near the "dust" caps...this is where water can/will get in...
I got tired of my service guy yelling about moisture to me several years ago...so I do what he says now...rinse with pressure...
K

It isn't a big deal even though the stage was soaked and flooded in a fresh water. Like you said, if you have your own tank, you can blow out a moisture by just pushing a purge button for a while.

We are supposed to rinse our regs?

kidding, I'm kidding people

hoosier:
Great pictures. It looks like there are two kinds of delrin caps. I checked mine after reading your post. Three caps didn't have a groove (?) inside. I am not sure if those one allowed an water insert though. Mine hasn't been sealed well against the water. I will try it again tomorrow after diving.

As for a few second soaking, it wasn't to your post, but Oriskany divemaster.:wink:
Gotcha. And yes, that would certainly explain the discrepancy... it works fine on mine, but if the ones you have don't allow a proper seal, you are absolutely right, it shouldn't be trusted as watertight.

I'd be happy to pick up a few of the kind I use from my LDS and ship them off to you, if you want to buy any. :)

(and yes, those shots are from a great UK site that explains DIN v. yoke better than another site I've seen; I always link it to those who inquire as to what the whole DIN thing is!)

CompuDude:
Gotcha. And yes, that would certainly explain the discrepancy... it works fine on mine, but if the ones you have don't allow a proper seal, you are absolutely right, it shouldn't be trusted as watertight.

I'd be happy to pick up a few of the kind I use from my LDS and ship them off to you, if you want to buy any. :)

(and yes, those shots are from a great UK site that explains DIN v. yoke better than another site I've seen; I always link it to those who inquire as to what the whole DIN thing is!)

Actually, you did a good catch. I never doubt a different design (I learned it from you today :) ). Thanks for your offer... I might need to get at least three caps to replace un-grooved ones. Like I said, I will try mine again tomorrow. I don't remember where I got those three caps..:confused:

Drop me a PM if you decide you want them. I think they were around $6, but can't recall for sure... may have been more? I remember being slightly annoyed. LOL But since I only needed one, I bit the bullet...

jdvaughn:
like i said, I believe that if you dont put it deep and dont move it too much then I feel thats good enough for me if I am not going to hook my tank up to it. Otherwise Just pressurize it and go for it.

I think this could be a rule of life:crafty:

Packhorse:
Anyone rinse their regs after diving fresh water?

Of course, there is no exception. Fresh water isn't a tap water. Guess what, why the viz isn't good.

CompuDude:
Drop me a PM if you decide you want them. I think they were around $6, but can't recall for sure... may have been more? I remember being slightly annoyed. LOL But since I only needed one, I bit the bullet...

Compudude,

sorry im posting without reading the whole thread but are you talking about water sealed caps for a DIN? Do you have any pics? ive been looking for these, if i shot you some $$ on paypal might you be able to grab me a couple?

Cheers

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom