Regulator Restoration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

"Included in my collection is a double hose Dacor R-4 in like new condition, an AMF Swimaster MR-12 II mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster Viking fins mint(still in box), AMF Voit combo depth gauge compass mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster depth gauge capillary mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster snorkel mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster Baja Mask mint(still in box). Most of my current gear is Mares."

We could be lost twins! I also, BTW, have a Calypso J that I bought at the local hardware store in 1966. It still functions just fine. You may be able to get some parts from vintagescubasupply.com. Unlike USD and Voit double hose regulators, most single hose stuff is not in much demand. MR12s and early Conshelfs have some parts availability I understand. I have canalbilized several single hose units to keep them going. That label long ago peeled off of mine. I have never seen any more. The main performance problem with the Calypso J and typical of single hose regulators prior to about 1970ish was the tiny litle exhaust valves. If your interested in vintage, especially double hose stuff and vintage diving and vintage techniques then your main info sources, parts and forums are located at --- www.vintagescubasupply.com and www.vintagedoublehose.com . Those two sites have the main vintage diver forums and communications on restoring and collecting and trips etc. They are friendly forums so please join us there. N

Back
Top Bottom