Regulator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

High-Gear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I recently fell into a deal where I purchased a complete set-up with back inflate bcd which was set up with a bp and doubles. The set up with has a Dive Rite RG3000 on each primary. If I want to dive with a single tank, I'll use one of the regs, but how do I attach a secondary air source? I really don't want an octo hanging around if diving doubles, and don't want the expense of adding an octo to the power inflator.

I thought the best option woud be attaching a QD female fitting to each primary regulator, and a male fitting to the other RG3000. That way if diving doubles it will be connected to the other primary, but if diving a single, I could switch it so both came from one regulator. If this is possible, what fittings would you guys reccomend?

Do you have independent doubles or are do they have a manifold? Are H-valves an option?

I would stay away from QD fittings! It takes about 30 seconds to change out a LP hose.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the question, but it sounds like you are making this complicated.

It has a manifold. H-Valve would be an option on my personally owned tanks, but expensive and do not help if I travel and rent a tank.

I guess my thinking on the QD fittings was switching back and forth opened up more chances for buggered threads, nicked o-rings, debris getting inside and the like. i thought the QD's might avoid this for $40-$50. If it is not really that big of a deal, I'll just switch them back and forth as I change dive configurations.

It has a manifold. H-Valve would be an option on my personally owned tanks, but expensive and do not help if I travel and rent a tank.

I guess my thinking on the QD fittings was switching back and forth opened up more chances for buggered threads, nicked o-rings, debris getting inside and the like. i thought the QD's might avoid this for $40-$50. If it is not really that big of a deal, I'll just switch them back and forth as I change dive configurations.

That's it. Gives you the chance to inspect hoses, o-rings etc. And more productive than watching reality shows on TV :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom