Regulator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Damn that's a much better deal.

$750 for a reg that may or may not be in stock any time soon, or $410 to have the same thing in your hands on Monday! :wink:
That's $750 for TWO DS4's and the 2nd stages. Or your better deal for $800 and some change.
Joel has great prices on hoses. Def. the better deal there.
Give Barry a call and find out when he's getting his stock in.
SalvoDiving

Perrone,

Stick with Apeks. I dive SP and like'em. BUT....

You'll eventually need 2 backgas regs, 1 argon reg, 2 deco regs, and 1 spare backgas reg because one of them always ****s the bed just before any huge drop. Annual servicing on these is annoying, particularly when other people do it.

If you own Apeks you can purchase the tools, the parts kits, and service them yourself. In my humble experience this is considerably more challenging with SP, as the above items can be more difficult to snab ahold of.

Besides, Apeks are great regs too. Either will work fine, functionally, but from a logistics and maintenance perspective Apeks wins out over SP.

And Salvo has great prices...

FWIW. YMMV.

Robert Phillips:
That's $750 for TWO DS4's and the 2nd stages. Or your better deal for $800 and some change.
Joel has great prices on hoses. Def. the better deal there.
Give Barry a call and find out when he's getting his stock in.
SalvoDiving
Welllllllll...... $600 for the 2xDS4 + 2x ATX50 from DiveInn, $60 for the SPG from Soggy, and $74 for the hoses from TDL = about $750 everything shipped.

From Barry, according to his website prices, it's $200 each for each TX50, $150 each for each DS4, plus $75 for an SPG = $775 for something that's not even in stock and you just hope he tosses in $100 in hoses for free.. and you still might have to pay tax!

:)

Wanna save even more $$ on the doubles setup..

Buy the ATX50 + ATX40 + DS4 from DiveInn for $410 shipped, get a DS4 from Barry for $150 (assuming he gets some stock), hoses from TDL, and SPG from Soggy for a total of just over $700 shipped.

Or get 2x (ATX40 + DS4) from DiveInn for $500 shipped, the hoses from TDL, and SPG from Soggy for a total of about $650 shipped! :)

Look at that! Jonnythan did all of your shopping for you :D
Great finds indeed!

Robert Phillips:
Look at that! Jonnythan did all of your shopping for you :D
Great finds indeed!
I shop compulsively. It's a curse, but I always find the good deals.

I'm the guy who sits next to you on the airplane but paid half what you paid :eyebrow:

jonnythan:

I'm the guy who sits next to you on the airplane but paid half what you paid :eyebrow:

I'm afraid to buy something from you now :11:

pm sent on the oxycheq wing on TDS

jonnythan:

A guy who is a compulsive shopper? Is there something you want to tell me Jon? :wink::D

You don't want to know. And don't ask about his helmet! :D

(But he can tell you where all the bargains are and what goes well with what! Listen closely to what he says and pay attention! This is stuff you need to know and you'll save big bucks!) :)

Hey man these things matter.

Derek..... why are you asking? Curious or.. interested??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom