Regulator on ots spectrum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does your regulator need to be set up to deliver positive pressure to the spectrum?

no need for positive pressure unless you are diving contaminated water. It is really hard to control the positive pressure on most second stages so best to leave it tuned for whatever the factory specs are

no need for positive pressure unless you are diving contaminated water. It is really hard to control the positive pressure on most second stages so best to leave it tuned for whatever the factory specs are
Ok thanks,
So I am wrong in thinking that the reason ffm don't leak is because they are delivering positive air pressure inside the mask? I thought that also contributed to increased air consumption?
Not trying to argue , only understand.

They can still leak with positive pressure but they shouldn’t leak regardless. The positive pressure is to keep contaminants out. If you don’t have contaminants where you are diving there is no point in sacrificing air consumption for a leak that doesn’t do much. My Poseidon Atmosphere is perfectly dry with or without the positive pressure and I specifically tuned it out of the second stage

Back
Top Bottom