Question Regulator Data Service Sheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idadd4

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings - if this is in the wrong place, please point me to the correct location so I can fix my mistake.

I am a service tech for our LDS. I just started there and asked them where the Regulator Test Data Sheet was that the store used. They looked a little interested. SO, I continued. I thought there was a sheet that was filled out when a reg set came in showing all the numbers, the flows, the IP etc. Then after service the same test was performed showing the numbers after being serviced.

They showed me a customer intake sheet which had a little of this info, but - here is the question...

Any of the other tech out there have a "Regulator Test Data Sheet" that they use which they would be willing to share?

I have checked with most of the vendors and they don't have anything they recommend - which I found a little odd.

Thank you.

This is from Pete Wolfinger's "Regulator Savvy"

Attachments

• Regulator Test Sheet.pdf
    186.5 KB · Views: 78
If you are dealing with a servicing shop, that only disassembles regs, swapping proven parts that are working
with unproven parts from a new kit they may not have the conscience time compunction to fill in a test sheet

If you are dealing with a servicing shop, that only disassembles regs, swapping proven parts that are working
with unproven parts from a new kit they may not have the conscience time compunction to fill in a test sheet
Thankfully it’s not about the sales numbers it’s about making sure the customers are taken care of. I get the “proven” parts but also do (and have had happen to me) something that tests good then fails under water. I guess if you morbidly think about it, if the equipment is serviced as manufacture states with manufacturers parts and something does happen which leads to death, the family can at least go after the vendor.

Here's Aqualung's sheets. Wolfinger has more data blocks, but most places can't do dynamic testing.

Attachments

• RegInspection.pdf
    155.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2stgRegInspectionSheet_05052023.pdf
    106.4 KB · Views: 40
Here's what I'm currently using in a google drive excel sheet so I can share wit with customers easily. This would just be for the intake of a regulator not the service notes when it's finished.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DGTxUAAXT8I7wG2lV2ExA_9j-N2Y3F4l2ECaP8jyi38/edit?usp=sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom