Regulator Bag ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWNFROMMOIGH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there!

Let me start by saying I'm new...BRAND NEW (like 4 dives after certification). :idk:

I am wanting a bag/case for my Scubapro MK25/250. I did look at the Scubapro website and saw the bag there, but no picts of it actually open. Is there a place to actually see what this bag does? Or why I need something like this versus a small duffle??? :idk:

Thanks guys!

I don't think you really need a dedicated reg bag- an old backpack works just as well

I agree with the previous poster. I have reg bags that never get used. After use here at home, I hang my regs for storage and packing for local dives I just shove one in the net bag with fins and mask.

If I am flying, I pack the regs in my carryon padded with clothing.

Maybe I should put mine on ebay now that I think about it.

They also fit nicely into a larger messenger bag. Usually reg bags are just empty with padded sides. They gave me one when I bought my reg - it's nice for storage in the closet.

I agree with the others, when I travel, they go in my roller bag loose since my personal item is usually video gear. Getting onto a local boat, it's all in a duffle bag together.

Courtesy of Scubatoys here's an Akona bag open - the little sleeve is for a gauge console:

AKB608.jpg

Last edited:
I am with other, no need for a dedicated reg bag if you are an active diver. you should hang it in open area to let it dry after rinsing. If you want to store your reg for a very long period of time, then it may make sense. But still no need to buy an expansive one.

I've never seen much point in a special reg bag. Just because they sell something or even give it to you doesn't mean it's actually needed - you'll discover there's all sorts of stuff sold for scuba that's not particularly useful, but hey that's business. If I'm traveling it's unneeded bulk, if I'm diving locally I probably don't want my wet reg drooling into the padding of a fancy bag, and if sitting at home why does it need to live all coiled up in something special?

That said, I used to travel with my reg just wound around and padded by other stuff whether in carryon or checked luggage. But I have found that having it contained in something is helpful if the bag is searched, easier to repack and less easy to damage or lose something. So now I often coil it in one of those zippered mesh packing cube things and put small stuff in the middle. (Packing cubes are great for small stuff in general.)

Armor makes a bag that will be far superior to anything one of the regulator manufacturers will provide. Usually the bag sold by regulator manufacturer XXXXX is just an after thought and you would be better off with a towel and a good day pack. Camera bags also work well as regulator/computer/mask bags.

I use a bag for my regulator because I don't want it banging around in my checked luggage on a trip or in my roller bag on a dive boat when the crew decide to stow it for me.

My reg bags came with the regs. I use them, but I wouldn't go out and spend a bunch of money on one. If you want one, you can probably find one on sale for about $10.

Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the quick, and informative, replies. This is kind of what I was thinking. But it's nice to get confirmation from people who actually KNOW. :wink:

Thanks again!

If money is an issue or the budget is tight, old/surplus padded laptop bags do just fine. If you're the trendy type then sky is the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom