Regulator bag for 2 regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Do you know or recommend a regulator bag that can hold 2 regs ( reg, octopus,console). Especially for traveling in airplanes

I've tried to put inside a mesh bag 2 equipment's protecting the regs with the bc, but It's complicated to store.
Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Have a happy diving

I've used a laptop bag or a briefcase for local travel with two reg sets. Flights, they get wrapped in a wetsuit and put into my carry on duffel bag along with everything else.

Cameron

The Atomic reg case is nice. Its pretty big, feels more like a laptop case actually. I just used it and was able to run enough regs through a Trimix course through the airplane this past week (i.e. four regs with seven foot hose).

If you are just bringing along a rec reg setup, look at the aqualung traveler 50. It's much smaller, lighter, and is not as well built. Enough to protect your regulators inside your carry on suitcase, and serve as a nice boat bag.... but not so well built that throwing it in the washing machine would be an effort in futility.

Stahlsac Molokini bag. Made for travel. Holds my SM set just fine, so two set of regs will fit in it. Extra space for computers, lights, etc.

Armor gear makes a double reg bag. They are made in the US too so not some of the cheap junk zippers like most of the reg bags.

I used to wrap the reg with my wet suit but not anymore.
Nowadays I just disconnect everything from the 1st stage. Put them in my soft check bag and cover them with my wet suit. Same treatment if I have multiple sets for tec trip.

Last edited:
I have the Stahlsac Molokini, the Armor double reg bag, and the DGX round reg bag.

For what you want, the Armor is way overkill. I keep something like 7 regs, 2 computers, a handful of extra hoses, and a handful of tools in mine. It's big, bulky, and heavy.

The Stahlsac and the DGX bag will both hold 2 regs no problem. I think the Stahlsac gives a little more protection and is nice for having extra pockets. But, the DGX bag is more luggage friendly, as far as holding regs and fitting inside luggage. I.e. the DGX takes up less room because it doesn't have any stiffeners in the side walls, like the Stahlsac.

Stahlsac Molokini bag. Made for travel. Holds my SM set just fine, so two set of regs will fit in it. Extra space for computers, lights, etc.
I'm looking at this bag for travel. Seems like it could act as your "personal item" in addition to your actual carry on bag. Does that sound right? Or is it too big to be considered a personal item? I'm hoping to have a single tank long hose reg setup, my small laptop, AI transmitter, small backup light, chargers, passport etc in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom