Regs for DIR ; ATX200 or Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagonoj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heard tons of good things about Apek regs,really wanna get ATX200 but the nearest dealer is 400 miles away. My second choice is Atomic B2 reg (the dealer is intown), I like to know if anyone using Atomic B2 for DIR rig and their experience with it. Thanks for looking.

nagonoj:
Heard tons of good things about Apek regs,really wanna get ATX200 but the nearest dealer is 400 miles away. My second choice is Atomic B2 reg (the dealer is intown), I like to know if anyone using Atomic B2 for DIR rig and their experience with it. Thanks for looking.

If you're willing to shell out the additional money for the ATX200, it has really nice hose routing for doubles. Otherwise most of the Apeks range have more or less similar performance.

Essentially a DS4 / TX50 setup is all the reg you need for all your diving. Can use for backgas & stages. That is unless you go the RB80 route, in which case you would have to use a Scubapro Mk20 / 25, as Apeks don't route so nicely :wink:

filtered:
If you're willing to shell out the additional money for the ATX200, it has really nice hose routing for doubles. Otherwise most of the Apeks range have more or less similar performance.

Essentially a DS4 / TX50 setup is all the reg you need for all your diving. Can use for backgas & stages. That is unless you go the RB80 route, in which case you would have to use a Scubapro Mk20 / 25, as Apeks don't route so nicely :wink:

Apeks are excellent regs. So are the Atomics (I own 6 M1's). The Atomic regs route exactly the same as the Scubapro Mk 20/25 (Atomic founders are ex-Scubapro guys).

If you're not going to learn how to service the regs yourself, I would go for the Atomics as local service would be important. The Apeks are very simple to service if you have the inclination.

either way, you will have quality regs.

You may note on DIR2004 DVD cover the guy (or girl?) with an Atomic reg.:)

So, Atomics are perfectly DIR regulators: high-performance,downstream 2nd stage,
can be taken apart underwater, standard hoses, good hose routing- exactly like ScubaPro.

I personally own 2 T1s. One is being converted to DIN.

Basically, all Atomics have mechanically the same design of the 2nd stage.

P.S. I would not use my T1s for the deco regs:)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom