Regs comparable to the MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have ScubaPro Mk25/S600s on my doubles, although that will be changing . . . In fact, if you want to buy two of them, we should talk :)

I use Hogs for everything else, and that's what I'll be switching my doubles regs to. They breathe as well as the ScubaPros, but I can work on them myself.

As mentioned above, stay with the same brand, and ideally stay with the same models, or at least models that are very similar.

I use the same G250 second stages on everything just to make servicing and field repairs easier. All the first stages are also set at the same IP so that I can mix and match second stages if needed.

I use Mk 17s for the primary gas regs, but I use Mk 10s (or their non swivel turreted Mk 9 version) for stage and deco regs. It adds another parts kit, but the Mk 10 G250 is still a great breathing reg at depth when used as a stage reg with bottom mix, and it is O2 friendly if used as an O2 reg, where the Mk 17 is less than ideal due to the diaphragm design.

-----

As mentioned by someone above, the Mk 2 is very simple and has no dynamic o-rings exposed to high pressure gas (it still has 2 dynamic o-rings - the piston head and piston stem o-rings - and both of those are in the intermediate pressure section of the reg). As such it makes a great O2 reg - but while it breathes fine at shallow depths (130 ft or less) it's not really well suited to use at depth with a stage. My preference is to use the same basic reg for either stage or deco reg use so that you have some flexibility.

TSandM - I am loosely in the market for a couple of those. Not a real highly motivated buyer, but for the right deal I'd pick them up. PM me w/some details and what you want for them etc if you're so inclined.

Thanks,

Ill PM you about them on Facebook Lynne. Thanks for the offer!
Thanks to everyone else for the other suggestions. I think I got the info I needed for the time being.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom