Registering Mares Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know how to register a Mares regulator? This has turned into a major issue. I have the forms which came with the reg, but there is no address to send them. And the LDS doesn't know. And the forms are in two parts, one for me and one for the LDS. And the guys at the LDS say "Hey Larry, are we supposed to keep this?" And the website has NO contact information, nor can you register online.

Grrrrr......

Hi Jim,
When I bought my reg(Abyss) in Germany couple of years ago, there were forms in the package as you said but they had 3 parts. One for you, the second part stays at the dealer and the third part had to be sent in to Mares. The third part had all the addresses of Mares in various countries that you could send the forms in.
It appears that your forms are missing a part unless they have been changed. Ask your dealer to take a look at another box of regs and compare the forms.
BTW: Mares USA :D
http://www.mares.com/SC_elenco.asp?...nente=america&codNaz=US&nomeNaz=UNITED STATES

The multi part form is garbage... the only reason to maybe keep it is it should have your serial numbers on it - but it is the form if you are registering it in Italy...

For the US, you should have a little book looking thing... about 2 inches by 3 inches, with a cardboard cover with a picture of a reg on it. Then inside, the first page is the warranty card that you fill out, then tear out and send it to Mares... the address is on it. It will just become a small postcard when you tear along the perfs... the rest of the book is your record of service that you keep and have the annual service work signed off inside the book.

The dealer is supposed to fill out that page for you with the dealer info, serial number etc... We do it for the customers here - or on the net - then they just fill in their info, drop on a stamp and mail.

I used to fill those cards out and send them in all the time for customers. Now if they have a service issue and they bring the product back to me I switch them out for a brand product, drop their product in a box ship it back to Mares/Dacor and I get a brand new one back in about 2 weeks. No questions asked, no paperwork, just new stuff. Perhaps your LDS isn't worried about the paperwork because they know they will replace it or whatever without any hassle? As a cutsomer that's what I expect when I have issues with products I have purchased, I don't care about the paperwork i just want what I purchased to work correctly. I have even had people bring me stuff they did not purchase from me and I have taken care of them. It's just makes good business sense, take care of the customer first and foremost.

I bought my mares stuff from leisure pro. I never sent any warranty cards in. I was having a problem with my dive computer and the mares tech support guy told me the mares warranty didn't apply because I bought the stuff online. Leisure pro said to send it back to them for a new one. As long as I get taken care of, the warrant cards shouldn't matter,should they??? I did save all my paperwork, if you need those tearout postcard forms let me know, I can send them to you. good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom