Reg Suggestion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drkwing

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I dive mostly in the northwest, (water temps as low as 38F) and I am getting ready to purchase a regulator. I have been looking alot at the AL Titan LX (both regular and supreme) and I was wondering what other people thought of the Titan or if there are any other regs that they would suggest for diving in cooler waters, thanks!

I don't know about the AL Titan, but, since you asked about other regs, I like my Zeagle DSIV with ZX second stage on both the primary and octo. The reg is environmetally sealed and great in 42 degree water at 120ft, which I dive in regularly. I have had the reg in every position imaginable without flooding or freezing.

drkwing:
Hey! I dive mostly in the northwest, (water temps as low as 38F) and I am getting ready to purchase a regulator. I have been looking alot at the AL Titan LX (both regular and supreme) and I was wondering what other people thought of the Titan or if there are any other regs that they would suggest for diving in cooler waters, thanks!

Both the Titan LX Glacia and the Legend LX are super cold water regs.

R..

Although I don't dive Titan regs, I'm inclined to agree with Diver0001, at least as far as the Supreme versions go. But let's turn this around: what features are leading you towards the Titan regulators? Once you know what you want (and don't want) in a regulator, the process of selecting one that meets your criteria usually isn't that difficult.

By the way, a search for cold water regulators turns up a lot of prior discussions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom