Reg hose question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was checking my reg today and noted that some of my hose protectors were slipping so that the hose connection was exposed. As I was trying to slip the protectors back in place, noticed that I could start to unscrew the hoses from the first stage. Are they supposed to be that easy to unscrew? Do I just need to tighten it back up with my fingers, use a device, or take it to the shop? Thanks.

midwestdvr:
I was checking my reg today and noted that some of my hose protectors were slipping so that the hose connection was exposed. As I was trying to slip the protectors back in place, noticed that I could start to unscrew the hoses from the first stage. Are they supposed to be that easy to unscrew? Do I just need to tighten it back up with my fingers, use a device, or take it to the shop? Thanks.

Use a wrench to make it just snug enough so that it doesn't do that. Don't overtighten it.

-Tiny-B.

Tiny Bubbles:
Use a wrench to make it just snug enough so that it doesn't do that. Don't overtighten it.
-Tiny-B.

I live in the Northeast but my mom has a place in Jamaica and my bro in Canada...

In short I spend a great deal of time reconfiguring my two first stages and five second stages. adding dry suit inflater, taking off an air 3, pony etc...

hand tighten first so you don't screw up the threads then Just use a small adjustable wrench to snug it up hard enough so your sure it won't loosen up during your dive.

As a predive check I always check the hoses and connections, it takes less than 60 seconds and over the years I've found problems.

You should also pull back the hose protectors and check for corrosion and cracks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom