reg bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When taking gear to a boat or shore dive, a wetsuit does a really good job of protecting my reg. Same for the many times I check it as baggage.

The only time I use a reg bag is when taking a regulator on a flight as carryon. By having the reg in a separate smaller bag inside my backpack, I can put it through the security check x-ray by itself, making it easier to do the hand check if needed. If I hadn't already bought a reg bag, I wouldn't bother.

I have a reg bag but I never use it. I put my regs and computer in my camera bag which I carry on with me. It provides some interesting questions from the scanning crew at the airports. :D

I don't let anyone set up my stuff for me either. One of my dive buddies switched out my tank between dives one time and wedged my first stage on so tight I couldn't get it off. :rolleyes:

astrl

I use my reg bag to store and carry the most expensive dive equipment I own. I can't imagine worrying about the $20 I spent on my reg bag when compared to all of the money I have in regs and electronics. It is way less than 5% of my original investment and I use it when traveling as well as when diving locally. If you guys are checking something that small and expensive when you fly, you are more trusting than I could ever be. Get a reg bag or any other padded bag and protect your life support equipment like your life depends on it because it does.

Jackie

the best way to travel with your dive gear is in a hard case like the ones offered by pelican, they have big ones with wheels or you can buy a small one just to fit your reg. this is the best way to go if you want to take care of your reg. have fun and enjoy!

I use a reg bag all the time. I have matching stahlsack gear and reg bags that are now 10 years old, and other than some minor fading, are as good as the day I bought them.

whitedragon13:
I use a reg bag all the time. I have matching stahlsack gear and reg bags that are now 10 years old, and other than some minor fading, are as good as the day I bought them.

Not to mention that Stahlsac's have lifetime warranties. I have a Stahlsac mesh boat backpack and a stahlsac roller. Both bags are great. On the roller I keep thinking I'm out of space and then I slip another big item into it. The roller eats it without any issues.

I also have reg bags and use them for carrying on and general transporting. With an investment as important as your life support, isn't it worth a few extra bucks to keep it well protected?

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom