Reefmaster Repair - Pioneer Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I called these folks about three weeks ago and asked about getting my strobe arm repaired. They gave me instructions on shipping the item and I sent it the next day priority mail.

Almost three weeks passed and I didn't hear from them so I called and the repair shop rep told me that my package was still in receiving and had not been looked at by a repair tech. She said that she would mark down that I had called about the repair.

I guess I am in a waiting game now to see how long this odyssey will take.

Pioneer Research is listed as the official US repair facility on the Reefmaster web page.

Thought I would give you a heads up on the promptness of their service.

Sorry you're having a bit of trouble, but my experience was completly different with them.

I had a small spring come off on 0ne of the buttons on the rear of my DC310 housing. I sent it to Research for repair and also toldthem that I was leaving for vacation (diving) in 3 weeks.

It was just a small spring, but well before I left for vacation - they sent me a brand new housing.

I couldn't have been more pleased.

Tom Smedley:
I called these folks about three weeks ago and asked about getting my strobe arm repaired. They gave me instructions on shipping the item and I sent it the next day priority mail.

Almost three weeks passed and I didn't hear from them so I called and the repair shop rep told me that my package was still in receiving and had not been looked at by a repair tech. She said that she would mark down that I had called about the repair.

I guess I am in a waiting game now to see how long this odyssey will take.

Pioneer Research is listed as the official US repair facility on the Reefmaster web page.

Thought I would give you a heads up on the promptness of their service.

My experience was a bit different. My strobe for the DC300 was not working so I sent it to them. Within a week I received a brand new strobe back. On another occasion I needed the the screw housing to fit the camera weight to the bottom of the strobe and asked, could they tell me where to get it. We have that, they said, and will send it to you free of charge, which they did in a few days. You might have caught them on a bad day?

Back
Top Bottom