Reefmaster mini lock-up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaktopher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've experienced my reefmaster mini freezing while recording video.:confused: All I can do is pop open the battery door to reset, however this is no option underwater. Any advice would be appreciated.:lotsalove:
Thank you,
Kristopher:D

A few questions would help us to troubleshoot this issue:

-What brand and size of SD memory card did you use?
-How many times has the camera locked-up?
-What was the state of the AA batteries when the lock-up occurred? Full - middle – low?
-Did the camera locked-up during or after the video was recorded?
-Any details you can provide right before the lock-up occurred will be helpful.

In general, just like a computer, any camera or electronic device can lock-up for a variety of reasons. We are not aware of any bugs that would cause the camera to lock-up as we have been manufacturing the camera for over one year without any technical or bug issues. In most cases, when a lock-up occurs, we find the memory card or some kind of physical damage to the electronics to be the source of the problem.

It may also help to expedite this troubleshooting effort if you call our service center (assuming you are in USA) at (856) 866-9191 ext 136.

Last edited:
A few questions would help us to troubleshoot this issue:

-What brand and size of SD memory card did you use?
-How many times has the camera locked-up?
-What was the state of the AA batteries when the lock-up occurred? Full - middle – low?
-Did the camera locked-up during or after the video was recorded?
-Any details you can provide right before the lock-up occurred will be helpful.

In general, just like a computer, any camera or electronic device can lock-up for a variety of reasons. We are not aware of any bugs that would cause the camera to lock-up as we have been manufacturing the camera for over one year without any technical or bug issues. In most cases, when a lock-up occurs, we find the memory card or some kind of physical damage to the electronics to be the source of the problem.

It may also help to expedite this troubleshooting effort if you call our service center (assuming you are in USA) at (856) 866-9191 ext 136.

It sure would be nice if the firmware could tell that it is having a problem instead of just locking up.

This happened to my wife's brand new Reef Master Mini a little over a year ago in Bonaire. It wasn't until we got home and happened to remove the the card that we found out the camera did not like the SD card.

In my estimation this poor design on the part of the firmware designer. How about a message like "Bad SD card".

Going to a Sealife dealer on Bonaire was not an option. There was a Sea and Sea dealer but no Selife dealer on Bonaire.

Hopefully SeaLife did not replicate this lack of foresight when designing the firmware for the new DC800.

Last edited:
Sd card: Sandisk 1Gb. that seems to be working fine with the camera to date.
It's locked up 3 times with 2/3 to 1/2 battery power I understand how that could be part of the lock-up.
Lock-up happened during recording with the time numbers red.

Thanks for the assistance,
Kristopher:)

Back
Top Bottom