reefmaster DC200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck Ranger

Reaction score
I would like any input anyone can give me on the Reefmaster DC200. I am thinking of buying it as my first underwater camera. I'm getting a good price on it, better than usual, so it has peaked my interest to get everyone's opinion.
Thank you

I've only played with one inthe pool, but I really like the adapability you get with it for the price. It IS only a 1.3 megapixel camera, and it doesn't seem to be the best quality of craftmanship, but.....I have a sony mavica that is only 1.3 megapixel and i get some pretty good shots with it on land. You're not going to get pro quality 8x10s with it, but 1.3 is great for pics that I put in me website for the family.
All in all, (I think) you don't get a better bang for your buck espeicially as a beginer learing the tricks of what works and what doesn't and how to aim the stobe to reduce backscatter.

If you're gonna spend that kinda mnoney on a digital, I suggest you get a Canon A40 with an underwater housing. Shoots incredible shots, inexpensive (relatively) and will teach you to use all kinds of exposure options.

KIDK9
THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE. I HAVE BEEN DOING RESEARCH SINCE I POSTED THIS AND HAVE COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION. I FOUND THE A40 FOR 199 AND THE CANON HOUSING FOR 150. DO YOU THINK I CAN FIND A BETTER PRICE?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom